Thursday 7 September 2017

Almost Time For Another Adventure!

In 3 days time I'll be headed off on my next adventure: starting off in Delhi and ending up in Kathmandu, via Jaipur, Agra, Orchha, Varanasi, Lumbini, Chitwan National Park and Pokhara. I'm hoping to paraglide over the Himalayas and take a flight from Lukla airport (widely considered to be one of the most dangerous airports in the world) around Everest. I'm down to my last few of my 9 lives, and hopefully I won't tick off any more!

Although it was arranged in February, this trip has turned out to be very well timed. I've started a phased return back at work following the crash, and this trip delays my return to full-time a bit. Also I feel like I definitely need a holiday: physiologically I feel quite fragile and anxious, I'm not eating or sleeping properly, and I keep having flashbacks to the crash. I've not cycled since the crash, or feel that I'll be able to do so again. The thought of driving terrifies me, and I've become a very jumpy car passenger and pedestrian. Although I'm showing some PTSD traits I don't feel anywhere near as bad as I did post-meningitis: it's only specific scenarios which trigger anxiety and I'm able to function normally in most aspects of everyday life. Physically, my cuts and bruises have all healed and the pain in my arm has significantly improved. I've not got a full range of movement back, but it's not affecting too many things so I can live with it.

Marathon training hasn't really been happening lately... I've been for a couple of runs and noticed a serious regression. I'm going to properly get on it on it, starting from scratch, when I get home.

I can't wait for the next couple of weeks - as before, I'll post updates on here as and when I can.

Love Emily x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Days 4-12/82 of isolation

Days 4-12 of isolation have been spent doing, well, fuck all really. A high was receiving my 'shielding letter' in the post, bec...